Peter Sagan’s been chasing rainbows for years—sometimes successfully, and other times, just out of reach. But in the process, he’s become the one rider everyone’s looking for. Sometimes he’s wreaking havoc at the front of the race, but mostly, he’s blending like a panther waiting for the right moment to attack.
With the Sagan Collection S-Works Tarmac Replica frame, we've taken the undertones of the Underexposed collection and the loud side of the Overexposed collection and combined them into one. This showcases the two sides of Peter on a bike that he'll be racing for all of 2019.
It's time to start chasing your own rainbows with the Sagan Collection.
- For the construction of the Tarmac Disc, we utilized advanced aerospace composite optimization software to revolutionize the construction and layup of our new FACT 12r carbon. It's the most advanced material, and schedule, we've ever made, and this allowed us to shed nearly 200 grams—that's right, a 20% reduction in frame weight.
- Rider-First Engineered technology ensures that the Tarmac is stiff and compliant in exactly the right places, all while shedding some serious weight. From different layup schedules and materials to visibly different forks, we scrutinized every single aspect to ensure you're getting the perfect ride.
- The seatpost adds compliance into the upper 120mm where clamping doesn't happen. We also dropped the seatstays, altered the seat tube shape, and added tire clearance up to 30mm.
- A new fork shape, dropped seatstays with aero tubes, and a D-shaped seatpost and seat tube make a bike that's approximately 45 seconds faster over 40km compared to other lightweight bikes in the same category.
- Updated the geometry is based on countless Retül data points and professional rider input. This enabled us to develop a Performance Road Geometry that perfects the combination of a responsive front-end and short wheelbase, which delivers instantaneous response and optimal power transfer.
|Frame||FACT 12r carbon fiber, Rider-First Engineered, OSBB, clean routing, internally integrated seat clamp, flat-mount disc|
|Fork||S-Works FACT 12r carbon, flat-mount disc|
Front: 12 x 100mm
Rear: 12 x 142mm
|Bottom Bracket||OSBB, CeramicSpeed bearings|
|Seat Post||S-Works FACT carbon Tarmac seatpost, 20mm offset|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Mirror / 44cm||888818515677||70620-0044|
|Mirror / 49cm||888818515448||70620-0049|
|Mirror / 52cm||888818515479||70620-0052|
|Mirror / 54cm||888818515554||70620-0054|
|Mirror / 56cm||888818515486||70620-0056|
|Mirror / 58cm||888818515684||70620-0058|
|Mirror / 61cm||888818515738||70620-0061|